Dev update (Version 2.1): PhoenixDAO Events Marketplace
September’s release of a newly-redesigned and overhauled Events dApp consisted of a number of notable changes. The new version of the dApp had a better and friendlier UI, integration with Transak for fiat on-ramping, multi-chain support, and an affiliate program with Travala.com.
Additional changes were made in October after community members and the development team noticed a few small problems related to integration, access, UI, and functionality.
The Events dApp is one of the products within the PhoenixDAO digital identity-based protocol and product suite. The dApp is a Eventbrite-style tool allowing users to either make custom events or purchase tickets for existing activities.
Users can switch between Ethereum and Polygon to take advantage of either infrastructure, based on their preferences. Tickets are paid for with the native PhoenixDAO PHNX token, with additional methods becoming integrated in the coming months.
With the latest update, the development team has tackled a range of issues, made a few minor changes, and introduced a couple of new features.
The Dev updates include:
- We have integrated Uniswap and Quickswap as options within the platform to buy PHNX tokens.
- We have added the ability within the event creation process for a user to attach links on the event description as a benefit to attendees.
- We have optimized the create event page to ensure users can not move from step 3 to step 4 of the process without saving their tickets while in editing mode.
- Additional changes on the create events page ensures data does not disappear when a user switches to another network. This means progress on creating an event is not lost.
- We have made some changes related to the SEO-friendliness of the URL for events and the name in the link.
- We have completed UI changes to the page where users can buy PHNX
- A ‘suggested events’ functionality has been added to the dApp that offers possibilities in case an event is not found on any network.
- We have made additional data UI updates to the Event page to bring the dApp in line with the protocol mockup.
- We have added the ability to search for events near your location within the dApp.
- Changes have been made so events can be displayed by user/organization.
PhoenixDAO continues to emphasize community first and always addresses issues and inconveniences our users point out. This update is the latest in a running series that will continue until all users can enjoy the dApp without any hassle.
Please keep on the lookout for our next dev update!
PhoenixDAO is a revolutionary decentralised environment that has curated a list of flagship dApps, all designed to create a more rewarding and accommodating environment for the crypto community. PhoenixDAO is powered by The DAO (governance system), Staking dApp, Events dApp and the dApp store.
PhoenixDAO is an autonomous project with unique protocols (Identity management, authentication, payment, and tokenization protocols), which helps create a secure and safe decentralised space.
Learn more about PhoenixDAO and Events dApp at https://phoenixdao.io/.