Last month, PhoenixDAO launched a revamped Events dApp which included several upgrades and exciting features. Events dApp is a flagship product by PhoenixDAO that was aimed to remove the inefficiencies from the event management and ticketing industry by creating a decentralised environment where the power is distributed to the users.
The new version of Events dApps had several upgrades such as Friendlier UI, Integrated Transak (Fiat onRamp), Multi-Chain Support and Travala.com Affiliate Program. The update was widely appreciated by our community, there were few minor fixes that our developer team have successfully finished.
However, in the recent update there were few minor bugs which our dev team has successfully fixed to offer,
- Better UI
- Faster Access
- Seamless Integration
- Optimised functionality
The main-net released on Ethereum on 12th March, 2021; and on Polygon on 26 May, 2021. The Dev updates include:
- The hero sliders now have links to the call to action. Now users can create an event by directly clicking on the below banner.
- We have fixed the issue with some emojis that missed an automatically added space before them and after the text. While creating an event, some of the emojis in the side notification bubble were not spaced properly.
- We have added Twitter Share dialogue which now populates data. When a user creates a new event, they will be automatically redirected to Twitter to share the event.
- The addresses mentioned on the Events dApp now have Google map links assigned to them. The Google map link is added to provide ease of use to all the participants.
- We have added the correct feedback form link. Earlier users could not submit their suggestions and feedback, which is now fixed. Users can now freely submit their feedback on the linked Google Form.
- Event images sometimes stretch when uploaded, which is now fixed. Images uploaded to the event were not being scaled properly and showing disproportionate sizes. Now the images are aligned in the centre to ensure they fit perfectly.
- We have added line height to FAQ/TOS. Earlier, the line spacing was off, making the text less eligible. With the updates, users can easily read all the FAQs and TOS.
- The expired events on the calendar are now greyed out. Earlier, the past events seemed still live but now all the expired events are greyed out to provide ease of use to the users. Mouse pointers are also added to calendars to show they can be clicked.
- We have aligned the feedback links with CTA. Earlier, the feedback Google Form link was misaligned, which is now aligned properly with the text.
- We have also added a link to main-net Matic faucet for free Matic to cover event creation cost.
- The issue with launched events not displaying content is fixed. Upon creation of an event, the user was not able to view the details of the event, which is now solved.
- We have also fixed the issue of profile image stretching. Upon uploading the image to create a custom Avatar, the image seemed disproportionate, which is now adjusted for the image to fit perfectly within the space.
- Link is added to the proper store if Metamask is not installed.
- We have added “ing” to “Uploading”, “Confirming” and “Publishing” on event creation. Earlier, while uploading the data, the webpage showed words such as Upload Data, Confirm Transaction, and Publish event, which felt like a task for the user.
- Country data is now in ascending order.
- We have a friendly UI for mobile too.
- Local events will now be shown in local time and UTC Time.
- Display of message if the user is not on Matic or Ethereum
- We will use a twitter API integration through our handle @myPHNXevent. Each time a new event is created on the events dApp platform, an automated tweet will be tweeted with a ‘NEW EVENT’ graphic and relevant event detail.
We listened to the feedback from our community and fixed all the inconveniences caused to our users. PhoenixDAO has always worked with a community-first approach and will continue with the same purpose.
It’s a series until everyone is able to use the dApp hassle free. Watch out for our next dev update.
PhoenixDAO is a revolutionary decentralized environment that has curated a list of flagship dApps, all designed to create a more rewarding and accommodating environment for the crypto community. PhoenixDAO is powered by The DAO (governance system), Staking dApp, Events dApp and the dApp store.
PhoenixDAO is an autonomous project with unique protocols (Identity management, authentication, payment, and tokenisation protocols), which helps in creating a secure and safe decentralised space.
Learn more about PhoenixDAO and Events dApp at https://phoenixdao.io/.